The following describes the Social Media Disclosure for our LinkedIn Oakvale Treasury Forum Group Page.
Oakvale Treasury Forum Group Terms & Conditions
Oakvale Capital Limited
AFS Licence No. 229842
This page contains terms and conditions which govern the use and purpose of this group. Participation in this group is only in accordance with these conditions. If you do not agree to these conditions, please do not engage with this group.
TERMS: Oakvale Capital Limited (”Oakvale” or “We”), The User (”you” or “Participant”); The Oakvale Treasury Forum (“the Group”).
Terms of Service Agreement (“Conditions”)
This Terms of Service Agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the terms of your use of the Group. By using the Group, you signify that you unconditionally agree to be bound by this Agreement and that you will comply with all state and federal laws and regulations. You further agree to comply with all local laws and rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, you must discontinue your use of the Group immediately.
Participants considered being in, or possibly in, breach of these Conditions will be removed from the Group.
1. Posts in the Group discussion section should only relate to financial treasury and financial markets content for general information and discussion purposes only.
2. No spam, self-promotion or direct sales pitches are allowed.
3. The statements and opinions contained in this Group represent the opinions of participating individuals and where made, by Oakvale. They may be based on currently prevailing conditions in financial markets and are at all times so contained in good faith and in the belief that such statements are not false or misleading. In preparing content for this Group, Oakvale may have relied upon information which it believes to be reliable and accurate at the time. Oakvale believes that any of its opinions expressed are accurate at the time of posting, but no warranty of accuracy or reliability is given and it does not warrant in preparing its opinions that it has undertaken an investigation of any of the matters which a more extensive examination might disclose. The content posted in this Group may not be reproduced, transmitted, or available either in part or in whole to any third party without the prior written consent of Oakvale.
You hereby agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Group. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the Group. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct deemed by Oakvale to be outside the Conditions and/or harmful to the online community as a whole, including not limited to the following:
• spam, self-promotion or direct sales pitches;
• transmitting unsolicited email to Oakvale or any Group participant;
• impersonating any person or entity;
• posting advertisements or any other form of commercial solicitation without express authorisation from the Company;
• infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
• soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;
• posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;
• posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
• posting content containing nudity or violence;
• providing a hyperlink to any website containing nudity or violence;
• soliciting personal information from anyone under 18 years of age;
• posting any defamatory or otherwise false information; and
• posting or transmitting computer viruses or any other malicious software.
We assume no responsibility to monitor the Group but may do so at our discretion. Participant posted content may be removed from the Group at any time without prior notice or explanation.
The Group may contain hyperlinks to other websites. If you leave the Group via a hyperlink, you do so at your own risk. We do not investigate the accuracy of content posted on such hyperlinked websites, nor monitor them in any way. We do not endorse or approve the opinions expressed on any hyperlinked website and we are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided therein. You should take precautionary steps to ensure you are protected from harmful viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other malicious software that may be contained in such hyperlinked websites.
Content Posted By Participants
By posting content on the Group you warrant that you are the creator and owner of the posted content, or that you have obtained prior written consent to post said content from a third party owner. When posting content originating from any third party, you agree to conspicuously post the name of said third party adjacent to said posted content. By posting content on the Group, you also grant, and warrant that you have the authority to grant, Oakvale a limited license to display, reproduce, modify, and use any text, image, video, music, or any other content that you post on the Group.
5. Limitation of Liability. We accept no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of direct or indirect use or application of any material or information made available in this Group, and recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. In no event will we be liable to any party for any damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, for any participation in this Group, or any other hyperlinked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the State of Western Australia. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the State of Western Australia.
8. Oakvale, Oakvale Capital Limited, Oakvale Treasury, Acorn™ and all associated logos and trademarks are registered business names and/or trademarks of Oakvale Capital Limited ABN 72 009 070 884 and may not be used without Oakvale’s written consent.
9. The information presented is general in nature and does not take into account the particular investment objectives or financial situation of any potential reader. It does not constitute, and should not be relied on as, financial or investment advice or recommendations (expressed or implied) and is not an invitation to take up securities or other financial products or services. No decision should be made on the basis of the information without first seeking independent expert financial advice.
10. Be respectful to other Participant’s opinions. As long as the opinions, views and debates are not threatening, abusive, discriminatory or harassing, everyone is entitled to express him/herself, even if you disagree.
QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/CONCERNS: If you have any questions or concerns about the contents of the Group, including but not limited to, copyright or defamation, or simply wish to reach Us for any other reason, you may do so by using our Contact information.
The following describes the Social Media Disclosure for our http://oakvaletreasury.com.au/ website.
Social Media Issue
We live in an interesting time when privacy rights are championed alongside an unprecedented voluntary willingness of people to share their most intimate and superfluous life details with the world, even in places such as our Oakvale Capital Limited website. While apparently benign on the surface, the dangers of unrestrained public disclosure of sensitive information is beginning to surface.
Presence/Scope of Social Media
You should assume that social media is in use on our Oakvale Capital Limited website. A simple click of a button to endorse a person, product, or service is building a cumulative profile about you, which you should always assume can be discovered by others. Attempting to share a website with someone, whether by direct press of a button or else by email forwarding facilitated on a website, you should assume that this may not stop with the intended recipient, and that this can generate information about you that could be seen by a veritable infinite number of people. Such a domino effect could initiate right here on our http://oakvaletreasury.com.au/ website.
Something as simple as a Twitter ‘tweet’ provides the opportunity for knee-jerk reactions that can become public and may not truly represent a position (at least in strength or severity) that you might hold after a period of more reasoned contemplation. You should also note that the ease of accessing one site through the login credentials of another, or the use of a global login for access to multiple sites can accumulate a dossier on you and your online behavior that may reveal more information to unintended parties than you might realise or want. Any or all of these features could exist on our Oakvale Capital Limited website at one time or another.
These few examples illustrate some possible ways that social media can exist, though it is not an exhaustive list and new technologies will render this list outdated quickly. The objective is to realise the reach of social media, its widespread presence on websites in various forms (including this website), and develop a responsible approach to using it.
You should recognise the fact that divulgences made in and on social media platforms on this website and others are rarely constrained just to you. Disclosures are commonly made about group matters that necessarily affect and impact other people. Other disclosures are expressly about third parties, sometimes with little discretion. What can appear funny in one moment can be tragic in the next. And a subtle “public” retaliation can have lifetime repercussions.
Ideal use of social media on our website would confine your disclosures primarily to matters pertaining to you, not others. If in doubt, it’s best to err on the side of non-disclosure. It’s doubtful the disclosure is so meaningful that it cannot be offset by the precaution of acting to protect the best interests of someone who is involuntarily being exposed by your decision to disclose something on our http://oakvaletreasury.com.au/ website (or another).
You should likewise pause to consider the long-term effects of a split-second decision to publicly share private information about yourself on our Oakvale Capital Limited website. Opinions, likes, dislikes, preferences, and otherwise can change. Openly divulging perspectives that you hold today, may conflict with your developing views into the futures. Yet, the “new you” will always stand juxtaposed against the prior declarations you made that are now concretised as part of your public profile.
As with sharing information about other people, extreme caution should be used before revealing information about yourself. If in doubt, it’s likely best not to do it. The short term gain, if any, could readily be outweighed by later consequences. Finally, you should note that we are not responsible for removing content once shared, and we may not be able to do so.
Restrictions on Use of Social Media Data
You, as a visitor to our http://oakvaletreasury.com.au/ website, are not permitted to “mine” social media or other platforms contained herein for personal information related to others. Even where people have publicly displayed data, you should not construe that as though you have the liberty to capture, reproduce, or reuse that information. Any use of social media or related platforms on our website are for interactive use only, relevant only during the website visit.
Accuracy of Social Media Data
As any social media platform is built on user-generated content, you should consider this fact in seeking to determine the authenticity of anything you read. We are not responsible for verifying any user-generated content for accuracy. A best practices policy would be to view all such content as strictly opinion, not fact.
Potential Issues of Liability
You should also be mindful of the fact that your words could trigger liability for harm caused to others. While you have the right to free speech, you do not have the right to damage other people. Under basic principles of tort law, you are always responsible, personally, for situations where either:
1. you were required to act, but did not (i.e. – some “duty of care”)
2. your were required to refrain from acting, but did not (i.e. – slander, defamation, etc.)
CHANGE NOTICE: As with any of our administrative and notice pages, the contents of this page can and will change over time. Accordingly, this page could read differently as of your very next visit. These changes are necessitated, and carried out by Oakvale Capital Limited, in order to protect you and our http://oakvaletreasury.com.au/ website. If this page is important to you, you should check back frequently as no other notice of changed content will be provided either before or after the change takes effect.
COPYRIGHT WARNING: The material within this website may not be used in any way for any reason.
QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/CONCERNS: If you have any questions about the contents of this page, or simply wish to reach us for any other reason, you may do so by using our Contact information.